Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Carving of the Jack-O-Lantern



Sabrina skipped school today.

Well she didn't actually skip school. She had a dentist appt. at 8 am. It was traumatic so she needed to stay home. She stayed home with Grampa while I went off to babysit the other Larsen household which has been overcome with flu.

When I got home we went off to the Pumpkin Patch to see what we could find.


In our valley in California, it stays warm until...well...until this week, so carving pumpkins before now just leads to rotteness.

Anyway...we came home with a pumpkin for each of us to carve and then that horrible mad scientist pulling out of the insides and cutting of eyes and scary mouths began.


Mine was a little rotten already so the smell of its insides almost did us in, but we surgically removed all the "icky" and then it was OK.



Sabrina's had a very thick skin so she needed help. Good thing Harry was around.



In the end we created two pretty great "Jacks".


1 comment:

kashurst said...

Fun! I don't really care about carving pumpkins anymore. I just like to have them sitting on my porch. Should I bring some to carve on Saturday?

Followers