Monday, March 12, 2012

Super Heros for Roko


My daughter, Kelly planned the most awesome 4th birthday party for Roko this past Saturday. It was so fun! And the kids loved it!

I've always been a fan of at home birthday parties (well mostly, when I'm feeling especially Super Mom-ish). Ya know, before McDonalds and Chuck E Cheese all birthday parties were held at home. I remember a great dance party I went to as a kid right after Chubby Checker invented the "twist". And then there's the famous unbirthday party of my cousin Barbara where we invited all the neighborhood kids and then told Aunt Joan (who came through with cupcakes). And of course, I've planned a few fun ones myself. There was a Gem party for Kelly, a Tea Party for Sabrina, the super Hot Wheels and great Nerf party for Harry.

But none have compared to Roko's SUPER HERO birthday.

There were HEROS:
Kelly made capes for everyone and they decorated their own masks.

They each had their own Trading Cards:

There was a VILLIAN:
They eventually apprehended him using Super String.

They trained by:
Diffusing bombs...

Scaling tall buildings...

Driving super fast...

Disposing of Kryptonite...

And traversing laser beams.

They were rewarded:
They ate "hero" sandwiches with "power" punch.
Kelly made an array of Super Hero cupcakes.

Oh and there were presents:
Roko received lots of super hero presents, but his favorite was the Captain America helmet and shield from Gramma Ashurst.

And when it was over, some people were REALLY tired.

Thank you Kelly for such a great party, for being such an awesome mom, and O yeah, for having such a Super Hero son!

3 comments:

kashurst said...

All in day's work, citizen.
Mostly i get my awesomeness from my mom...

angela michelle said...

Oh man, Kelly and I need a nice long phone call o an this one. I need to know all her trick! Roko is a lucky boy.

DisneyGrrl666 said...

It really was a super awesome party! I was very proud of my lil sis!

Followers