Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Leprechauns




St. Patrick's Day is,coming.

I've never been a huge fan. I'm not Irish (I don't think so anyway). I don't like green food, well except for green beans and salad, well and avocadoes, of course. But I definitely don't like green eggs and ham. When I was little my Aunt Joan made corned beef and cabbage every St. Patrick's Day and I loved it. But my kids won't eat it so I don't make it.

I decorate for every holiday. Christmas and Halloween are the biggest (lots of big boxes in the garage). Then there's Easter (one box in a closet and the cupboard over the fridge). A few years ago I started decorating for Valentine's Day (one small box in the closet). It's actually become my favorite- I think it's the red and white. Last year I even did a few Fourth of July decorations because we were having a big family celebration. (They're kept in an even smaller box on top of the Valentine box in the closet.)

This year we're going to Disneyland on St. Patrick's Day. So along with getting green to wear I picked up a few decorations- 4 to be exact, not including a weird green candle holder I found in a cupboard. I'm hoping DL will have some Micky Leprechauns to put with the other four decorations- at least enough to go in a small box.









I have never drawn anything for St. Paddy's Day. This year is a first. And because Harry will be leaving us soon, I made the Leprechaun look like him.

Here's hoping you remember your green on the 17th. I wouldn't want to have to pinch you.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad.

1 comment:

kashurst said...

I love corned beef and cabage! But it stinks up the house. I've alqays said i don't have to wear green on St. Patrick's day bwcause my name IS green! Anyway...do you remember how grandpa used to call me leprechaun?

Followers