Monday, April 19, 2010

SHOES

I found these really cute shoes to wear with the skirt I bought for Easter. They're made by Born, so they are also expensive. But it was like putting cute pink flowers on my toes. I just had to have them. I went to Macy's to buy them, but, alas, they did not have my size. So Friday when I went to see Kelly we stopped at Macy's in Sacramento and YAY! they had them. I wore them to church yesterday and felt absolutely adorable and got compliments by friends who sat by me. I almost didn't want to take them off when I got home.

It got me thinkin about how important shoes are in my life.



I LOVE them!
They make me HAPPY!

No matter how much weight I gain, my feet are still small and cute. If I can't find that sweet little top in my size, I can always find a sweet little pair of SHOES. Sometimes I buy the shoes first and then the outfit to wear with them.

I buy more shoes in the spring and summer than in the winter. Probably because in the winter it's more about protecting your feet and really Converse in every color really does the trick (I have pink, sparkly red, black, and brown) Last year, I discovered DC's. They come in lots of prints and colors- so far I only have one pair- kind of a green print. For trips to Disneyland in the winter I have sturdy and comfy Keens.

But in the summer....

It's all about CUTENESS! Flip flops. Slides. Wedges. Sandals. Peep toes. Flats. Jellies. I love them all! Stylish and supportive Jambou's, Merrill's, Allegria's, or Keens for Disneyland. Cute little Roxy flip flops for around the pool. Colorful jellies from The Children's Place for fun. And of coarse all kinds of adorable shoes for church.

Maybe it's because we always look down on our feet but what we wear on them can change how you feel about life. Yesterday, with my pink, flower Born's, I felt WONDERFUL. Nothing could go wrong. Even wearing Converse on a rainy day makes me feel hopeful and young. I have a pair of Roxy flip flops with colored beads on them that remind me of the 60's, when all things seemed possible.


So...here in my messy closet...where all possibilities lay hidden...or in plain sight, I will find that special shoe that will MAKE MY DAY. And if not...there's always Macy's!


4 comments:

Snancee said...

I love this post! I totally agree with you that a cute pair of shoes can make everything better! And you do have the cutest feet. I love my shoes that I wore to church last Sunday!

kashurst said...

It is true. But I'm so picky about my shoes Ican never find that pair. BTW next time you are out in the shoe shopping world, I'm on the look out for a replacement pair of naked shoes. My old ones are just too big! (I know you're thrilled)

angela michelle said...

plus if they're born they're comfy, right? VERY cute.

Roxy sadals uk said...

great post and as far as the shoes are concern as here listed that the shoes make every thing happy and i am agree with this statement because the dressing is incomplete with out the proper wearing the pair of shoes.
so we must be more conscious atleast myself is more conscious about my pair of shoes....

Followers