Monday, March 16, 2009

Spore


George & Pinky

I've discovered the world of Spore!!

I downloaded the mobile version of the game to my phone (see post 2/19).
It appeals to me in the same way that Pixie Hollow does.--I know--it's about creating monster creatures and surviving by eating or fighting other creatures and Pixie Hollow is about cute little fairies and making friends, BUT it's about the ARTWORK!

I am blown away by the graphics. The game for mobile devices has you play as a small little creature swimming through Primordial Ooze that looks like something under a microscope except for the other very cool looking creatures trying to eat you.

George and Pinky were created in the Spore Creature Creator (free on line at www.spore.com but a pain to download). The artists who created this program make it so fun just to create your own monster from the shape of the body to what kind of mouth, hands, feet, etc to what and how the color is applied. Then to make it even funner, they added all kinds of little animations it can go through, like dancing, crying, swooning in love, even little babies that hatch out of eggs.

I'm telling you it was just so FUN! I totally didn't even see a little of "Numbers" which was what I was supposed to be doing with my husband.

I am so going out and buying the game for my PC!

2 comments:

kashurst said...

At first glance, before I read, I thought you had broadened your horizons and were drawing dinosaurs. Maybe now you should start!

angela michelle said...

sounds fun! Roscoe wanted to buy spore but it looked too expensive for his little tightwad self.

Followers