Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Being Released

Sunday I was released from my calling. I've only been the gospel doctrine teacher for 2 years and expected to be there for 2 more. I was so shocked when Bro. Adams came by to tell me. What's worse is I wasn't called to something else. I've been fretting over this all week.
I've always had a hard time being released when it's not by choice or when not feeling like "it's time".
So I feel like I was fired. I know, I know... that's not how the Church works. But why, then, do they release people and then leave them hanging.
I guess I should be glad to have a break and really that's how I'm trying to look at this, but my feelings are a little hurt and my own insecurities keep popping into my head (and heart) and making me wonder what I did wrong.
And then the worst thought enters my mind--they're going to call me to the nursery (I always think they're going to call me to the nursery). This time I'm going to smile and say "I would be delighted" (this is a whole different story and I really don't want to talk about it). Just walking by the nursery door practically gives me a mini nervous break down.
So why am I writing all this down?
Because maybe it will help.
So will prayer.


I have such gratitude for my talents and the opportunities I've had to serve. I know the Lord knows me and loves me. I guess I'm just going to have to go on faith.

1 comment:

kashurst said...

If only I could get relaeased. *sigh* You're lucky. You get to go to relief society & gospel doctrine. You don't have to prepare anything, or go to any meetings, or leadersip traing stuff. Lucky...

Followers